Friday 12 December 2014

The Maze Runner just equals major ovary explosion

 *This post does have some obscene language in so readers discretion is advised*

Okay so a couple of weeks ago, well October to be exact I read The Maze Runner, in under three weeks before the film came out. I know three weeks is a long time but that's the fastest I have ever read a book so ya'know quite chuffed with myself to be honest :') but back to The Maze Runner, I was super psyched to read it after I finished reading it, I couldn't wait, I was buzzing like a bee, happy as can be and just really really excited !! One because I thought the book was fantastic, I couldn't stop reading it I read it on the way to college, on the bus, on the coach home, at home during my sleeping hours I just couldn't put it down. And then the film came out and oh my goodness I was fangirling all that week because me and my friend saw it on the day of its release and I was so excited. We were in our seats watching the adverts and then it came on. I couldn't contain myself, I was squealing, I was jumping up and down in my seat, I was waving my arms around, my excitement was not containable. And then, as the lift was going up I wanted to scream as I knew Dylan O'Brien would be on that screen soon. Let me just repeat that, Dylan Fucking O'Brien!! I adore him, he is a really good actor, and he isn't so bad on the eyes if you know what I mean ;) He is hotter than the sun. OMG I
just love him, I also love him in Teen Wolf, but that's for another post :D But this cast is just, just, just makes me speechless. Thomas, Will, Aml and Ki are just a few that make this film = a major ovary explosion. But I just need to get this off my chest, great film but absolute shit book-to-film adaptation, they missed loads, of what in my opinion, were key points and elements to the story. But all-in-all loved the film and loved the book just think as an adaptation it wasn't too my liking, however movies bring literature to life and I am so glad they did with this book, even if they did change a few things, things in life change, not everything is the same, we just have to get used to it.

And just to make my excitement levels balance after writing about The Maze Runner, THERE IS A 'THE MAZE RUNNER' APP!!! I KNOW !!! Supercalifragalisticexpidaliouscious oh.my.god I haven't stopped playing since I downloaded it, which was today, I have been meaning too but I have been busy :( Anyway its amazing, just the app is like the movie, you awake in the Glade and you have to run in the maze to find a way out. I don't want to spoil much, if you want to see what it is like download it, but you might be playing all the time, just a warning :) Its free but has in-app-purchases, but apart from that its great I love it, it is going to be my new favourite app :)

So tell me if there are any books I should read, always love reading new things. Have you seen The Maze Runner, if so did you like it? If you have the app, do you love the app? But in all serious can we just appreciate Dylan O'Brien. *insert loveheart eyes emoticon here*

Love yours truly
KatyNells xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I screamed when I read this, I absolutely love The Maze Runner. It is my favourite book and Teen Wolf is my favourite TV Show. When I heard Dylan O'Brien got cast as Thomas I almost screamed. Then when Thomas Brodie-Sangster got cast as my favourite Newt I actually screamed because they are my OTP. Glad to know someone feels the same way!

    *fandom high five*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally !! Someone who shares my love for Teen Wolf!!! I couldn't stop jumping up and down when I heard Dylan O'Brien was going to be Thomas!!! Loved Newt in the book and in the film - its just all around amazing XD

      *fandom high five back*

      Delete