Tuesday 25 November 2014

Christmas Novelties

Okay so I love Christmas!! I love the months leading up to Christmas, I love walking in to shops and hearing "Jingle Bells" play, as it means its the socially acceptable time to sing Christmas songs. It always seems to put me into a chipper mood, it puts a bounce in my step when I see Christmas decorations, Christmas lights, trees, wrapping paper !! Me and my friend meet up every week on a Monday, we call it "unhealthy Mondays", because we like to reward ourselves for eating so healthily in the week ;) (haha yeah right) anyways we found stalls with Christmas food such as apple stuffing buttys, caramelised apples, do-nuts and HOT CHOCOLATE !! No Christmas is complete without a hot chocolate with whipped cream, covered in marshmallows and a flake sitting right on top. It warms my fingers as they have froze due to minus temperatures that have graced Britain with their presence.

Back to the title, this post is all about the Christmas novelties that make up Christmas, that make us know it is Christmas. One novelty is the weather, the cold, freezing weather that makes us jump up and down just to warm our toes, that makes us stay snuggled under our duvets wishing that we could stay in bed just that little while longer so that we can gather the courage just to get up and go downstairs for our breakfast, the weather that makes us put on silly hats just to make sure our ears don't freeze off, that makes us want to breathe in the outside air just so that we can see our own breath leaving pour bodies. Snow is a novelty !! Snowballs fights, sledging down hills, snowflakes, winter wonderlands, seeing the hills topped with snow like a cake is topped with icing. Making snow angles, snowmen, the feeling of numbness your fingers get when you are trying to make the perfect snowball. Another novelty I love that Christmas time brings around is baking gingerbread men! The smell of the ginger is just delicious, it sends my nostrils to heaven, then when you decorate the gingerbread people and put them in the decorated house, it puts a huge grin on my face. Another Christmas novelty is when the coco cola advert comes on the telly, people just automatically know that this is the time, this is the time to spend with your family, huddled around the fire or hidden under blankets watching tv, watching I am a celebrity, X factor as this is when we know that the year is coming to its end.

I know its Christmas in my house when my mum puts Christmas lights around the banisters, it makes me happy, it makes me realise that "Shit its Christmas" I can lounge around watch movies, just pig out, I can wait till new year to exercise again that now I can eat as many gingerbread men I want, I can do nothing but relax and finally watch Elf!! (Yes I haven't seen Elf, all my friends say its good so I guess I have to watch it as everyone says its the best Christmas film) but my favourite Christmas film is Love Actually. Its full of joy, drama, romance, its just one of my favourite films :) I love lighting my candles, it just makes my room look extra Christmassy, also I love the twinkly lights around my television they just look cute and adorable :')

Don't forget to follow so you can get my newest blogs, share, show your friends!! Also tell me what your Christmas novelties are, how do you know its Christmas? What do you like about Christmas? also before I forget what is your favourite Christmas film?

Love yours truly
KatyNells xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment