Monday 2 March 2015

February Obsessions

I have been obsessing over loads of stuff this month so id thought id tell you :)

Music
I have been listening to Spotify over and over this month and my favourite playlists are;
- Afternoon Acoustic - This playlist is just so relaxing, light and peaceful. You can listen to it reading a bike, on the bus, driving, studying and even just lying on your bed, blanket, looking at the clouds. I have found three songs that I absolutely adore and they are called;
  • Bloom - The Paper Kites
  • Home/Dirty Paws - Gardiner Sisters
  • Mykonos - Fleet Foxes
I am listening to this playlist right now, even though it isn't afternoon, what can I say I cannot be tamed ;) (shout out to any Cyrus fans hahaha) Please listen to these three songs, you have to its now law and is illegal if you don't listen to it as created by me, so what are you waiting for?

I have also been obsessed with an artist called Zella Day. I love her songs. Her voice is amazing and every time I listen to any of songs I just picture running on a beach or traveling the world, especially when I listen to 'East Of Eden'. Also I have already decided my first dance song at my wedding, sorry Dylan O'Brien my beautiful future husband but you will not have a say in it. It will be '1965' by Zella Day, this song is just fantabulously beautiful, its so romantic, my favourite line is 'Cut like diamonds we were made to last' I just get shivers every time I hear this song. So make this artist big, her talent is too good to be wasted and not be known.

Books   
So I have just finished The Scorch Trials, and like I said in my other post about The Maze Runner READ IT ! Honestly I was on edge wondering what was going to happen and when certain stuff happened I was shocked, I didn't want to put it down, I have even printed a pic of mister Dylan and placed it on my wall 'cause why not? A lot of teenage girls do it so don't judge hahaha but yeah I don't want to spoil it but all I can say is I cannot wait for the film, its put in to my calendar not going to lie, and yes I will be in university when it comes out, I will be a mature, responsible adult buying and cooking my own food, washing my own clothes, doing a degree but I am going to put all that on hold to see the masterpiece of the film in the trilogy. So if you haven't got anything from that paragraph, 1. Buy The Maze Runner books 2. Read them, religiously 3. Buy the dvd and watch the film 4. Watch the film again as there is never too many times to watch it and 5. Go and see The Scorch Trials when it comes out in the cinema --- That's not to hard :)

Lifestyle
Now I have been eating healthier this month, by cutting out crisps and that's it because I saw some chocolate and I was like "me is going to have a piece of that", and I have had waffles nearly every single day, but I did eat them with strawberries so it was a healthy snack, in my eyes anyway, but I have wanted to do the '30 Day Squat' challenge ever since two years ago so I thought the next 30 days are going to pass me no matter what I do so just do it, so I am currently on day 8 of the challenge and I have to do 50 squats which isn't too bad as yesterday I had to do 90 which was a killer, also along side of it I have been doing the '30 Day Abs' challenge and I am on the 8th day but its a rest day so its okay. Now the exercises which you have to are hard well I find the plank hard, its just difficult for me but I have been getting better at it over the week so hopefully in three weeks I will be a master. If you want to better yourself or just want to see if you can stick at something you can get the apps from the app store (I don't know about android phones as I have an iPhone) so download them, try them and you will be amazed at how much you can do and how much you are willing to push yourself to achieve a goal.

Skin
I have been obsessed at moisturizing my skin this week as my eczema is really bad as of the cold weather, so I have been using prescription creams mainly double base and hydrocortisone, to try and calm it down a bit then I have been putting a cocoa body butter from the Body Shop on my face and over some bad eczema patches, and for my whole body I have been using this coconut lotion that I bought from body care, its from Inecto and is called the 'Pure Coconut moisture replenishing body lotion' for me it works and smells gorgeous. And I have been putting on Bio Oil/Rescue Oil onto my scars, and also on my thighs where there are tiny stretch marks, also I have been applying it to my bum to give it moisture, and look smooth and not rough, I know that sounds weird but it sounds right to me if you catch my drift ? Also because of the weather my lips are super dry and keep cracking, and it doesn't help the fact that I had a cold sore developing on my lip and so I prevented it by using cold sore cream and it went straight away, any way to keep my lips from cracking I have been using a mixture of Nivea's lip butters in the raspberry rose, caramel cream and the original lip butter. They keep my lips moisturized, I can top my lips ups, its not sticky so its a good lip butter not to mention they smell gorgeous and the caramel cream reminds me of toffee popcorn.

Hair
This month I have been obsessed with having half of my hair up tied in to a messy bun and half of it down either curled or straight, this style looks goods, doesn't take long to do so can be done in those school rushed mornings. Its good for long length and medium length, I know because my hair was down to my ass and it was so long I loved it but then I got probably round about 6 inches off, and now it goes just past my shoulder blades, most of you are thinking 'omg why get your hair cut' but I have to say there is a story behind it, but that's for another post, however its more manageable, and less knotty which makes my life tonnes more easier. Another style I have been using on repeat is having my fringe being plaited to the back of my head so it looks like I have half a plait crown. I cant explain it but there you go, again its easy to do in a rush, can do it in the toilets of school if you have had enough of the hairstyle you chose, on the bus waiting in line, you don't really need a mirror for it and its easy to do and can be done for virtually most hair lengths.

Film and Tv
This month like the past I have caught that vicious fever that makes you only want to watch Netflix, all day every day. And my Netflix addiction this month has been The Vampire Diaries. I used to watch it but then didn't watch the new series' that were the telly so I missed a lot but now I have caught up on them and I can safely say they are amazing! I cannot believed Damon died - sorry spoiler alert- I knew but I forgot and then it happened and I was like 'woah tvd what are you doing', any who I suggested you watch it even if you already have, watch it again. Can I just note my previous obsession of le Netflix was Pretty Little Liars !! I just cant go into how good this tv series is, I am in love with it and also Cody Allen Christian I have also fell in love with, for those who watch the show, you know why I have but for those who don't, he is Aria's little brother Mike who, in my opinion, is H to the O to the T and he is so cute and romantic and dreamy and I just had to correct the last two words 'cause I was too busy daydreaming about Mike aka Cody.

If you like me writing stuff like this comment and tell me and I will do more! Tell me what you obsessions are this month, maybe you only drunk a certain drink, only took bubble baths or maybe you are crushing on a famous Hollywood actor who will be your husband one day, don't let anyone tear you down from that dream!!

Love yours truly
KatyNells xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment